Saturday 5 October 2013

Green Juices

The Juicer is about to be put away for another year. The boy isn’t generally keen on vegetable juices though he does like these ones. Two of them are from Gwyneth Paltrow, though I’m not sure whether that has influenced him or not. One thing I am sure of is that it will be me cleaning the juicer.

10 large kale leaves
2 lemons, peeled
2 large apples
A finger of ginger – maybe an inch
A couple of sprigs of mint

Remove and discard the ribs from the kale and cut the apple if it won’t fit down the chute of the juicer. The boy has never asked what is in this. Just as well, as I doubt I could persuade him to drink kale juice. Juice the lot and serve over ice.

I love the mineral hit of organic celery and the sweetness of white grapes is a match made in heaven.
4 stalks organic celery
A big bunch white grapes

I think the greener the celery, the better, and you really will notice the difference with organic. This one is the boy’s favourite green juice.

Finally, this one makes the most of the last of our basil plant. It’s getting cold now, so it’s use it or lose it.
2 handfuls basil leaves
2 cucumbers
1 lime
2 apples


Again just push everything through the juicer and serve cold. If your juicer has a slower speed, this would work best. I like a splash of cold water just to let it down a little but the boy is happy with it as it comes. He’s reading The Observer, I’m washing the juicer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment