Tuesday 25 June 2013

Cucumber & Melon Cooler

I generally don’t post juice recipes as they’re too easy and I think you need to just work with what you like and what you have. However, this one turned up with our organic box and it’s really good.

1 ripe Galia melon
1 cucumber
1 lime
1 tsp agave syrup or honey
Sparkling water
 Mint to serve
A shot or 3 of vodka (optional)

I have no idea where to get agave syrup- they certainly don’t stock it in our Morrison’s, so we’re using runny honey. The original recipe suggests peeling the cucumber. I like the idea of the green so I’m only peeling half of it.

We have  a juicer and are just pushing the peeled melon and cucumber through it, though you could also just blend and sieve. The boy, as always, is picking a few young mint leaves from the garden. Half fill a jug with ice Squeeze the lime juice into the mixture and add the honey (or agave syrup if you’ve been lucky enough to locate it. Waitrose?) Stir well and pour over the ice. Add a few mint leaves and top it up with sparkling water. I’m trying to be a good Brit and use Buxton, or even better, a good Yorkshire-man and use Harrogate Spa.


I haven’t been that well so I’m treating this as a tonic, but in better days about 3 shots of vodka added to the jug would get the party started. 

[1 July update - have found out that Abel & Cole sell Agave syrup. Can't wait to taste it]

No comments:

Post a Comment