Monday 24 November 2014

The Boy's Marmite Toast & Canned Spaghetti

I cannot believe the boy has persuaded me to post this recipe. It really isn’t a recipe. However he loves it and thinks it’s the perfect pre or post pub treat. In the name of a quiet life I have agreed.

2 thick slices wholemeal bread to toast
1 knob of butter
Marmite to spread on the toast
1 400g can Heinz spaghetti , in tomato sauce (ideally with sausages)
Freshly ground black pepper

His recipe:

Come home a bit drunk and absolutely starving. Put the bread on to toast – I like it quite well done so the spaghetti doesn't make it soggy.

Heat the spaghetti up but don’t let it boil. The kind with sausages is the best though I'm not sure what the sausages are made of. I think it has to be Heinz really.

Butter the bread and spread with Marmite. Quite thinly spread, usually. Put on a plate.

Pour the spaghetti onto the Marmite toast. Add a big knob of butter on top, allowing it to melt. Add loads of black pepper. This is apparently one of your five a day so it doesn't need a salad to go with it!

This works just as well with baked beans. Again Heinz, and again the ones with the little sausages are best. Also not the reduced sugar, low sodium etc….


I told you it wasn’t a recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment