Saturday 26 April 2014

Tabasco Salt

I'm rather excited about this simple recipe. The boy is less enthusiastic until I mention frying up a big batch of chips to sprinkle it on.

100g flaky Maldon sea salt
A few hefty shakes of Tabasco

That's it. Just pour the salt in the bowl and shake on the Tabasco. It's just the regular red kind. The boy likes to dip chips (French Fries) in the green kind but this will give them a similar kick.

Heat the oven to low - 100 degrees. Stir the salt and Tabasco well and spread on a baking sheet. I'm putting down some greaseproof paper first. Dry it in the oven for 30 minutes.

Let it cool and store in a screwtop jar, for chips, roasted vegetables, anything.

Visiting Avery Island, where they make Tabasco is on my bucket list. I couldn't do without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment