Wednesday 26 February 2014

Russian Dressing (for burgers)

I love the dressing Byron use on their burgers. My best friend Jon doesn’t like mayonnaise or pickles and said “I definitely don’t want that” when the waiter described it to him. The boy loves Byron burgers however and I think this might be close to their own classic dressing. It’s from an American cook book I bought in California few years ago.

½ cup mayonnaise
2tbsp ketchup
1 ½ tbsp. sweet pickle relish

I think the pickle needs to be the green kind, that you find ready-made, and really finely minced. It needs to be mostly gherkin. I’m never fussed about ketchup and often buy the budget kind, but do believe mayonnaise must be free range.

The method is just – mix well.

Our burgers are simple coarsely minced meat made from good beef, seasoned with salt and pepper , a little dried oregano and a good splash of Worcestershire sauce and a shake of Tabasco. We do have a mincer though I can’t remember when we last got it out.


 I think the buns should be toasted and the burgers served with a slice of tomato. I like red onion rings but the boy doesn’t. Top with the Russian (Byron) dressing and squash the top of the bun down.

No comments:

Post a Comment